Thank you for your interest in joining our team.
To view our current vacancies please click the drop-down menus further below to read a job summary and the role specification. Applications can be made online using the links directly below.
|Salary:||£17,052 - £18,827 per annum pro-rated (pay award pending)|
Higher Level Teaching Assistant with Glade Academy, Brandon, Suffolk
Salary Range: £17,052 - £18,827 per Annum, pro-rated (Pay award pending), Grade F
32.5 hours per week, Term-Time plus one week.
Under the instruction/guidance of teaching or other senior staff and within the overall ethos of the school, undertake care and learning programmes and activities to support individuals or groups of pupils, including more specialised support for those with special education needs, enable access to learning for pupils and assist the teacher in the management of pupils and the classroom.
To complement the professional work of teachers by taking responsibility for agreed learning activities under an agreed system of supervision. This may involve planning, preparing and delivering learning activities for individuals/ groups or short term for whole classes under an agreed system of supervision.
To work as a Teaching Assistant but to a higher level of expertise and experience, able to undertake or contribute to the development of strategies and policies and able to work with greater freedom and initiative.
Higher Level Teaching Assistants can be asked to work across all years of the school from reception to year 6 depending on need.
HLTA’s supporting SEN pupils will follow the pupil through the school on a named contract basis. When that child leaves the Trust will endeavour to allocate another name pupil or identify other opportunities for the TA.
Skills & Experience
- Level 2 qualification in both English and Maths of grade A*- C plus a TA, HLTA or equivalent qualification.
- Experience of working in and supervising classes.
- A calm and clear communicator.
- A good knowledge of safeguarding regulations.
- A positive role model who is able to make positive relationships with children.
- A dedicated individual, who is hardworking and aspirational for our young people.
We can offer:
- Friendly and professional colleagues
- An approachable and skilled leadership team
- Happy, responsive and polite pupils
- Supportive parents
- A highly trained teaching assistant team
- A commitment to your continuing professional development
- Wellbeing and mental health support
- The opportunity to work in a forward thinking and aspirational Trust
- A strong curriculum, including Talk for Writing and Maths Mastery
- Well-resourced curriculum support and opportunities, including outdoor classroom, library, inclusion suite and modern technology.
If you would like to discuss the position, please contact Tracey McCarthy - Principal on 01842 811580.
The successful applicant will be subject to employment checks, including and enhanced DBS check with children's barred list.
If we receive sufficient applicants of a high calibre, we may bring the closing date forward.
Please ensure your application meets the essential criteria of the job description.
Please phone the school to confirm the closing date as this may be brought forward if suitable candidates apply.