We take e-safety issues very seriously. We ensure that all pupils in school receive regular e-safety lessons every half term and have whole school assemblies on e-safety. All teaching staff receive regular e-safeguarding training. We complete e-safety questionnaires with pupils to understand the e-safeguarding needs of the children attending our school.
Information for parents and carers
Common Sense Media games reviews
Check the games that your children are playing – this website allows you to enter the details of a game and gives an honest and clear review of the game and its content.
- Common sense media games reviews – Reviews of games and their content
- Parents concerns – Detailed section giving advice about different parental concerns
- Net-aware has support for parents and carers from the NSPCC and O2, including a guide to social networks, apps and games.
These websites are suitable for children – please share them with your child:
4–11 year olds | Childnet– Learn about the Internet and being a smart surfer
Think U Know – Advice and information about online safety.
CBBC – a Newsround special programme all about staying safe on the internet.
Childnet – Working to make the Internet a great and safe place for children.
For e-safety advice and guidance for parents and carers please look at the web links below:
- Safe Network – Guidance on helping keep children and young people safe online.
- Think U Know for Parents and Carers – Internet advice for parents and carers
- Childnet offers a toolkit to support parents and carers of children of any age to start discussions about their online life, to set boundaries around online behaviour and technology use, and to find out where to get more help and support.
Please visit the CEOP You Tube Video page which contains a variety of videos for Parents and Carers about different aspects of E-Safety.
– CEOP You Tube Channel (for Parents/Carers) – Videos about different aspects of e-safety
Children’s Safe Search Engines
As part of our e-safety teaching we ensure that we use safe search engines that are suitable for children. Here are some examples of the different search engines that are available. Please have a look and encourage your child to use these when searching the Internet at home: